Cuban Sandwich As A Dip

Cuban Sandwich As A Dip


I love sandwiches. I do. It’s kind of ridiculous. And Cuban sandwiches are probably the most perfect sandwich creation. Sometimes, when I eat one, I actually zone out for a while and float in some weird happy place of unicorns, cats, and melted cheese.
After heading to the bar recently with Ash and Sadie, I had an epiphany. Well, actually two. One was that I have terrible taste in men. The second was there was only one thing that would make a Cuban Sandwich better: if it wasn't a sandwich at all!
What if I could make it into a dip? What if you could just spoon right into your face hole? What if you could put all the flavors of that sandwich with the pork and ham and pickle, but then make it dippable. It couldn’t be possible! It wasn’t possible. And then…you know what…I made it possible! 
I’ve made enough dips to know the basics. I’d need some cream cheese and then mix everything in. Voila! A Cuban Sandwich in a DIP FORM. Wow. 
I share this with you know, just in time for one of those family holiday type parties.

THE RECIPE

4 ounces cream cheese (1/2 block), softened
¾ cup honey mustard dressing or dipping sauce
1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
1/3 cup dill pickle, diced
1 pkg. Swiss cheese slices, diced (about 7 ounces or 1 cup)
1 cup diced pork chop (use a leftover pork chop, or buy one at the deli)
1 cup ham, diced

Mix cream cheese and mustards until combined. Add remaining ingredients. Spoon into a greased shallow pie plate or casserole dish. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, until it’s nice and bubbly.

This is what it looks like. Pre-mix, after baking.



CAUTION: You may look like this after you eat this dip:


That's my friend Ash after trying my dip. She just couldn't take my awesomeness. It's a problem, I know. 

Comments

Popular Posts