Hot Crab Dip

I wanted to call this my I've Just Gotten My Divorce Papers From Steve And I'm Now Officially Single And Unemployed And WTF Am I Going To Do Now Dip. My friend Sadie (she's a therapist) told me very gently that I might want to rename it because that's not really tweetable so, here's...

Hot Crab Dip

I just have to say that so far this is my favorite of all the dips I’ve made. Okay, it's only the second dip I've made, but I'm still thinking about this dip. AND I WANT TO MAKE IT AGAIN. I’ll tell you more in a minute. Anyway. Hot Crab Dip.




The Recipe

Ingredients
  • 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained and flaked
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
Optional: Old Bay Seasoning and chopped chives

The Process:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a small baking dish, mix the crabmeat, cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, sour cream and garlic.
  3. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 45 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned.


Notes:


I thought the garlic pieces were too big, so I minced them instead of crushing it. Although crushing is really good psychologically while envisioning your ex, mincing over and over and over is also very therapeutic  Then I added chives because it just looked so white. And then I decided that it needed something on the top so I sprinkled on some Old Bay Seasoning. It’s kind of hard to mix. You’re more or less squishing it together with the back of a spoon.

Here's a pic: 



You've got to mash all those ingredients together. Put some anger and elbow grease into it.

The Verdict:

I will shout it from the rooftops! I LOVE THIS DIP! It’s hot, creamy, sinful, with the sweetness of crab, the salty bite of parmesan. 

Ash said she would have sex with this dip.
I said "TMI."

The dip heated up great too, which is perfect when you're alone at two in the morning watching the Great British Bake Off and crying because everything is so beautiful on that show, except Paul Hollywood. He's just a little questionable. 

I’d love to make this dip again, and try stuffing it into the cap of a portobello mushroom. Or I'll just stuff it in my face, where it belongs. 






Comments

Popular Posts